Located within the historic village of Old St. Mellons is this truly unique and spacious Canadian Oak built four bedroom detached property with a one bedroom annex attached. With many special features throughout, the property boasts stunning stained glass windows that were imported from America and a spacious lounge/dining room with an impressive vaulted beamed ceiling.
Old St Mellons has excellent facilities nearby including St Johns College, high street shops, hairdressers, historic and highly regarded local public houses and much more.
With excellent transport links to the A48, M4, Cardiff and Newport City Centres this individual, architecturally designed property has potential to offer an Air B&B facility with a fully equipped annexe (there is also an option of income available immediately for rental of the annex for 12/18 months. Please call for further details).
Accommodation briefly comprises: vaulted entrance porch, hallway, access to two of the double bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, stunning vaulted lounge/dining room with double doors to the patio and garden, access to the annex with open-plan lounge/kitchenette, shower room and double bedroom set over the ground floor. via a beautiful spindle & balustrade staircase rising to the first floor there are two double bedrooms (one with restricted headspace) and cloakroom with wash basin and WC (restrictive head space).
Externally: to the front a spacious driveway accessed via large wrought iron gate and has parking for several vehicles, mature shrubs and trees, to the rear a private enclosed garden, steps up to paved patio with glass and chrome pillars, remainder laid to lawn, the annexe has its own private enclosed garden with patio.
Council Tax Band: F EPC Rating: D-62
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce photographic identification documentation before agreement of a sale, we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in processing the sale.
2. General: While every effort and due diligence is made to ensure our sales particulars are fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property. If there is a particular point which is of importance to you, or requires further clarification, please contact Matthews Estate Agents and we will be pleased to enquire about the point for you.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. Accordingly, we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. The sales particulars are produced in good faith but do not constitute representation of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters we refer to in these particulars should be independently verified by any prospective buyer. Neither Mathews Estate Agents or any of its employees has the authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever on this property
Enter via hardwood door with double glazed stained glass window inset, vaulted ceiling with skylight, storage cupboard, feature wood door inset with stained glass panels to hallway.
Wood panelled doors to bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, feature stained glass window to lounge, coved ceiling, wood finish floor.
5.38m x 2.57m (17'8" x 8'5")
Rear aspect hardwood double glazed window, panelled door with stained glass window inset to utility room, archway to lounge, fitted range of wall & base units, marble finish worktops & matching upstands inset with stainless steel sink, fitted plate rack/display cupboard, space for a slot in range oven, chrome back plate, chrome extractor hood over, space for tall fridge freezer, beamed ceiling, wood effect flooring.
Rear aspect hardwood double glazed door and window, fitted range of wall & base units, roll-top work surface with stainless steel sink unit inset, tiled splashbacks, wall mounted gas fired boiler, tall storage cupboard, coved ceiling, tiled floor
9.90m x 3.63m (32'6" x 11'11")
Rear aspect uPVC double glazed patio doors to patio, spindle & balustrade staircase rising to first floor, vaulted ceiling, double-glazed skylights, exposed Canadian Oak beams with downlighting, feature fireplace with Canadian Oak fire surround & mantle with tiled back plates, radiators.
4.37m x 3.66m (14'4" x 12'0")
Front aspect hardwood double glazed box bay window, fitted wardrobes, coved ceiling, radaitor, door to:
Two piece suite comprising: close coupled WC, pedestal wash basin, tiled splashbacks, coved ceiling.
3.66m x 3.00m (12'0" x 9'10")
Front aspect hardwood double glazed box bay window, side aspect hardwood double glazed window, double doors with access to bedroom one.
Side aspect hardwood double glazed window, three piece suite comprising: panelled bath with shower head over with direct feed from mixer taps, ceramic wash basin inset to vanity unit, close coupled WC, aqua boarding splashbacks, extractor fan, heated towel radiator.
Doors to two further bedrooms & cloakroom.
3.78m x 3.20m (12'5" x 10'6")
Velux window to side, eaves storage, beam finish to ceiling, radiator.
5.36m x 2.57m (17'7" x 8'5")
Side aspect Velux window, eaves storage, storage cupboard, two feature stained glass windows (Imported from America), looking out over lounge area radiator.
Side aspect window overlooking vaulted entrance porch, two piece suite comprising close coupled WC, wash basin inset to vanity unit with storage, tiled splashbacks & flooring.
Open Plan Lounge & Kitchenette
5.38m x 2.57m (17'8" x 8'5")
Front aspect uPVC double glazed window & door, kitchenette area with wall & base units, worktops over, stainless steel sink & drainer unit inset, wood finish to flooring.
4.67m x 3.63m (15'4" x 11'11")
Rear aspect uPVC double glazed doors to garden area, loft access, wood finish to floor.
Three piece suite comprising: double shower cubicle with electric shower over, glazed sliding doors, aqua boarding splashbacks, close coupled WC, wall mounted wash basin, chrome towel radiator.
Front Garden and Driveway.
Enter via double wrought iron gates, parking for several vehicles on block paved driveway, flower borders with established shrubs & trees.
Enclosed boundaries with wooden fencing and natural hedging, the remainder of the garden is laid to lawn, steps up to paved patio area with glazed panels and chrome pillars, rear access to the annexe & the annexe garden area with patio area.